Why Dental Implant
A beautiful smile is a symbol of beauty, providing self-confidence and leaving a lasting impression on others. However, missing or broken teeth can sometimes make achieving that perfect smile seem difficult. Traditional methods of replacing teeth may not always look natural and can be uncomfortable when eating and speaking due to movable parts.
Fortunately, with the advancements in dentistry, restoring your natural teeth is now possible. Dental implants have emerged as a reliable solution to replace missing teeth. This procedure involves the insertion of a metal implant into the jawbone, which is then covered with a porcelain crown. The result is a seamless and natural-looking set of teeth that function just like your original ones. You can smile, talk, eat, and bite with confidence, as if nothing was ever missing. Dental implant technology ensures that your new teeth feel and look completely natural.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small metal "screws" made of Titanium, a special material that can fuse with the bone in the human body and become a part of it. This unique characteristic allows the implant to firmly anchor itself like a natural tooth root.
Titanium is a safe and inert material that has been used in the medical field for many years, particularly in orthopedic surgery to fix broken bones and fractures with screws or plates. Its biocompatibility makes it an ideal choice as a tooth root replacement, where other dental components like fixed multiple teeth bridges or single crowns can be attached.
The Dental Implant Procedure
During the implant surgery, the oral surgeon will make an incision to expose the underlying bone. Then, small holes are drilled into the bone to place the dental implant securely. This implant will function as the tooth root, and a temporary denture is usually placed over it for cosmetic purposes until the bone heals. After a period of about two to six months, the implant fully fuses with the bone, allowing the placement of the permanent denture or crown.
Recovery after Dental Implant
Recovery from dental implant surgery typically takes several weeks, and it is essential to follow specific instructions for optimal healing:
- Avoid using tobacco and alcohol.
- Refrain from consuming hot or spicy foods to prevent irritation of the incision sites.
- Avoid chewy or sticky foods that could interfere with healing.
- Stay away from popcorn, chips, nuts, crackers, and candy, as small pieces may become lodged in the incisions.
- Use cold packs to reduce swelling and rinse your mouth with warm saltwater to keep it clean.
Are You a Suitable Candidate for Dental Implants?
You may be a suitable candidate for dental implants if:
- You have one or more missing teeth.
- Your health condition won't negatively impact bone healing.
- Your jawbone has fully grown.
- You have enough bone to support the implants, or you can undergo a bone graft if necessary.
- Your oral tissues are healthy.
- You seek to improve your speech.
- You can commit to the process, which typically takes several months.
Experience the convenience of booking your dental implant appointment on QAAPH. Our skilled dental professionals offer top-quality implant solutions to address tooth loss and improve your quality of life with a confident smile.