Why FUE Hair Transplant
The FUE Hair Transplant is a revolutionary and highly popular procedure in the field of hair restoration. "FUE" stands for "Follicular Unit Extraction," which refers to the method of extracting hair follicles individually. The procedure involves the use of a specialized device called a micro motor punch, eliminating the need for a scalpel or other surgical tools. This characteristic makes FUE a microsurgical procedure, known for being the least invasive among hair restoration techniques.
Over the past decade, FUE has been successfully utilized for permanent hair restoration and has demonstrated exceptional results in terms of hair density and achieving a natural appearance. Iran has embraced the FUE procedure and has become a leading destination for hair transplants, offering high-quality treatments and attracting patients from around the world seeking effective and reliable hair restoration solutions.
FUE Hair Transplant Procedure:
Consultation: The doctor will determine the area to be implanted and assess the density of the donor area. The number of grafts harvested depends on the strength of the hair in the back of the head (donor area). If the donor area is insufficient, grafts may be extracted from the beard (under the chin) to complete the required number. The doctor will also work with the patient to design the hairline according to their preferences and aesthetic needs.
Hair Follicles Harvest: A medical team uses a micro motor punch device to extract hair follicles individually, minimizing damage to both the grafts and the scalp. This technique allows for harvesting up to 6000 grafts in a single session.
Opening Channels: Tiny metal slits are used to open channels in the recipient area, facilitating easier recovery without leaving visible scars. During this step, the physician must respect the directions and angles of the existing hair in that area.
Graft Implantation: The harvested hair grafts are then inserted into the opened channels to fill the bald area. The procedure does not require stitches, and the patient can leave the clinic immediately to continue their normal life.
Recovery after FUE Transplant:
The FUE hair transplant is a microsurgical procedure, which means it does not involve visible incisions or the use of a scalpel. Therefore, the patient can typically resume their daily activities immediately. However, it is essential to follow these instructions during the recovery period:
- Drink plenty of liquids, such as water and natural fruit juice, to help flush out anesthesia liquids.
- Avoid wearing caps or hats during the initial recovery phase.
- Refrain from touching the grafted areas during the first week after the procedure. It is recommended to wear buttoned shirts to prevent disturbing the newly implanted follicles.
- Sleep on the back only for the first 5 days to avoid any harm to the transplanted hair follicles.
- Avoid direct and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Refrain from strenuous exercises for at least 1 month, and avoid swimming for 2 months to support proper healing and hair growth.